Saturday, September 19, 2009

Conflict of Interest: Witten/Johnson/Smith/Bowe edition

I’ve never been so conflicted.

This week, I have no fewer then four conflicts in my two fantasy football leagues! Actually, I had five, but I’ve decided to bench Lee Evans in favor of Earl Bennett. (For some ungodly reason, Jay Cutler loves to throw Bennett the ball – they were college teammates – while I don’t trust Lee Evans, and I believe Bills QB Trent Edwards will spend at least 60% of their game against the Bucs trying to placate Terrell Owens.)

Still, despite the fact that I’ve never had this many conflicting players – Jason Witten, Larry Johnson, Steve Smith and Dwayne Bowe – I’m actually not too conflicted at all. (I also like the fact that "Witten/Johnson/Smith/Bowe" sounds like a law firm.)

Though I hope I win my in my Yahoo Football Plus league, I HAVE to win in my regular Yahoo Football League because that’s where I’m playing my nemesis. Yes, I have an actual real-life nemesis, and he’s beaten me 3 out of the 4 times over the last two years. I hate this guy. He’s been my friend since high school, and the list of things I can’t stand about him is too long to list. (I don’t know why, but one of the things that REALLY gets on my nerves is the fact that he writes like a fourth grader. Ugh!) He’s the kind of guy who’s so annoying that you’re a little surprised no one’s killed him yet (or at least roughed him up). By the way, I kid, I kid. (Mostly.)

As a result, I need for my Yahoo team to win. My nemesis has Jason Witten and Larry Johnson on his team, and I own these guys in my Yahoo Plus league. I’m hoping these guys get mostly shut out. On the flip side, my opponent in the Yahoo Plus league has Steve Smith and Dwayne Bowe, but I need them to step their games up from last week if I want to crush my nemesis. So…

Dream statlines:

Witten: 5 catches, 45 yards, 0 TDs.
Johnson: 17 carries, 60 yards, 0 TDs.
Smith: 7 catches, 105 yards, 1 TD.
Bowe: 5 catches, 80 yards, 1 TD.

No comments: