Sunday, September 18, 2011

NFL 2011 Week 2 Picks

Boy, I sure (don’t) know how to pick them.

After a thoroughly mediocre week 1 of NFL picks, (8-8), I almost didn’t bother throwing these up. But that’s enough intro’ing if I want to get these in on time.

KANSAS CITY @ DETROIT

Kansas City has one of the best homefield advantages in the league and they got crushed at home last week by the Bills. Detroit didn’t even play that well against Tampa last week and destroyed them. What I’m saying is that I’m taking the Lions.

OAKLAND @ BUFFALO

I love that one of these two teams will be 2-0 after this week. It’s a quarterback league, so I’m taking the increasingly impressive Ryan Fitzpatrick (pictured, left).

TAMPA BAY @ MINNESOTA

The NFC is so deep that I think whoever loses this game and goes to 0-2 is in pretty big trouble. I REALLY don’t want that team to be the Bucs.

CHICAGO @ NEW ORLEANS

Chicago looked very impressive in their win against the Falcons last week, while the Saints looked pretty good in their loss against the Packers. I’m banking on the Saints defense to play (a little) better at home.

BALTIMORE @ TENNESSEE

The Ravens looked terrific against Pittsburgh last week, but I got the sense that game meant a little more to them than it did to the Steelers. Then again, even a Baltimore team that suffers a bit of a letdown should be good enough to beat the Titans.

CLEVELAND @ INDIANAPOLIS

I need evidence from the Colts that they’re not a complete disaster without Peyton Manning before I pick them to beat ANYONE.

JACKSONVILLE @ N.Y. JETS

The Jets were very fortunate to beat Dallas last week, while the Jags actually looked pretty impressive against Tennessee. The Jags will keep it close, but I expect New York to pull it out in the end.

SEATTLE @ PITTSBURGH

The Steelers looked horrific against Baltimore last week. After just one week, people are already on the “Are the Steelers too old” bandwagon. Relax, people. A visit from Seattle is just what the doctor ordered.

ARIZONA @ WASHINGTON

Besides the whole “West Coast team flying East to play a 1 p.m. game” factor (how would you like to play an NFL game when your body thinks it’s 10 a.m.?), I’m riding the Sexy Rexy train until it derails and he throws three picks.

GREEN BAY @ CAROLINA

Let’s just say I do NOT expect Cam Newton to throw for 400 yards again.

DALLAS @ SAN FRANCISCO

A much more interesting game in the mid-90’s. I actually think San Francisco will give them a little bit of trouble, but Dallas just has too much talent. (Even if Dez Bryant can’t find a way to stay in the lineup.)

SAN DIEGO @ NEW ENGLAND

It’s hard to pick against the Patriots, but their pass defense left much to be desired on Monday night. And that was against Chad Henne. What’s going to happen when Philip Rivers comes to town?

HOUSTON @ MIAMI

I think Miami will make things uncomfortable for Houston and pull out a win. Even though they were completely outclass by the Patriots last week, they were actually only a play or two away from being in that game.

CINCINNATI @ DENVER

By now, Kyle Orton must be begging to go on the road to get away from the “We Want Tebow” chants. Then again, I just saw that Andy Dalton is probably to start for the Bengals…so I’m going with Denver.

PHILADELPHIA @ ATLANTA

Things are going to get uncomfortable in the Dirty South when the Falcons go to 0-2 after they pretty much went all-in on this season.

ST. LOUIS @ N.Y. GIANTS

I think the Giants pull out this game and sucker people into thinking they’re a contender. The Rams can drop this one and still make up some ground with their terrible NFC West schedule.

No comments: