Thursday, December 3, 2009

NFL 2009 Week 13 Picks

You may or may not have noticed (I’m going with “may not”), but I didn’t post any Sunday/Monday football picks this past weekend.

What can I say? I have a life and I didn’t sit at a computer long enough over the Thanksgiving holiday to jot down my picks. I think the fair thing to do would be to just assume I would’ve gotten them all right. No? Ok, well then we’ll just factor in my Thanksgiving day record and my record from week 11 (12-7) and add that to my season mark (which now stands at 108-55).

Enough about the past – let’s look ahead to week 13!Bold

N.Y. JETS @ BUFFALO (in Toronto)
The Bills have kind of been ballin’ under new coach Perry Fewell (well, relatively speaking). If I HAD picked games last week, I definitely would’ve been wrong about Buffalo because I would’ve had Miami running all over them. Meanwhile, I don’t know what the opposite of “ballin’” is, but that’s what the Jets are doing. Last time these two teams met, rookie QB Mark Sanchez threw five picks – and that was AT home! I don’t see him doing any better north of the border.

PHILADELPHIA @ ATLANTA
Yes, the Falcons got by last week against the Bucs with Chris Redman at the helm, but I don’t think they’ll be as lucky when they play a team that’s actually good.

ST. LOUIS @ CHICAGO
As bad as the Bears have been (and they’ve been terrible), I don’t love it when dome teams to go Chicago in December – especially dome teams that are terrible.

OAKLAND @ PITTSBURGH
I actually contemplated writing an item this week entitled “Hines Ward is kind of a douche”, but I thought better of it, especially after he apologized for his douche-y comments about quarterback Ben Roethlisberger. The Steelers are reeling, but, like the Cowboys last week, the Raiders “defense” is just the elixir they need to get better.

TENNESSEE @ INDIANAPOLIS
I like both of these teams a lot, but I’d be a fool if I backed out of my “I’m picking Indy until they lose” stance right now.

DENVER @ KANSAS CITY
Yes, the Broncos crushed the Giants on Monday night. However, I’m not so sure ALL their problems are fixed. I’m actually thinking they’ll trip over their own feet at Arrowhead this week.

NEW ENGLAND @ MIAMI
You wouldn’t like New England when they’re angry. Look for Randy Moss to catch 3 TDs. (And, of course, I’m facing him in one of my fantasy leagues…shudder.)

NEW ORLEANS @ WASHINGTON
I like the fire Washington has been playing with. They still find a way to lose almost every week, but I like the fire.

TAMPA BAY @ CAROLINA
I’m already regretting this. You can laugh if you want, but Josh Freeman > Matt Moore. True story.

HOUSTON @ JACKSONVILLE
So the Texans ARE who I thought they were! This game should continue their steady slide into mediocrity and another 8-8 record.

SAN DIEGO @ CLEVELAND
Do the Browns even really count as a professional team anymore? This is a serious question.

DALLAS @ N.Y. GIANTS
Yes, the Giants got embarrassed on Thanksgiving, but I still feel like they’re going to be there in the end. Also, we’re in the December, that magical time of year when Tony Romo and the Cowboys fold like a window shade.

SAN FRANCISCO @ SEATTLE
I just thought about it for 15 solid seconds, and there’s not a single thing I care about in this game. I could probably say the same about the entire NFC West. Sorry. (So much for my preseason darling 49ers.)

MINNESOTA @ ARIZONA
I’m starting to think Brett Favre’s arm is NOT going to fall off for a change this December. No, wait a minute! He’s doing it again…he’s roping us in. With this win, his lasso will tighten even more around our collective waist.

BALTIMORE @ GREEN BAY
Let me get this straight: the Ravens needed overtime to beat the Steelers last week, even though they were at home and Pittsburgh was missing its best player (Troy Polamalu) AND its franchise quarterback (Ben Roethlisberger)? No thanks.

No comments: