Thursday, September 16, 2010

NFL 2010 Week 2 Picks

Yikes, I had almost as bad a week as the New York Jets.

Direct your gaze downward as I try to bounce back from a weak Week 1 effort (7-9 week, 7-9 season).

PITTSBURGH @ TENNESSEE
I’m thinking Pittsburgh’s going to need to score a TD in regulation to beat the Titans. Not so sure they can get it done.

MIAMI @ MINNESOTA
Yes, Brett Favre looked rusty as hell on Thursday night, but the extra rest should do him well. More importantly, Miami’s rushing offense is their strength, which is perfect for Minnesota because they have one of the league’s best rush defenses. (Even more importantly, I’m actually going to get to watch this on local TV, since I’ll be in Minnesota – strangely exciting.)

ARIZONA @ ATLANTA
Forget the numbers – Derek Anderson is just as bad as he was last year. (I’m supposed to be impressed they squeaked by the Rams?)

BALTIMORE @ CINCINNATI
Cincinnati got spanked by New England, and Baltimore did a pretty good job of smacking the Jets around. I expect the Bengals to show up much better at home, but I was impressed by how good the Ravens offense looked against the Jets (when Joe Flacco wasn’t running for his life…and when they weren’t trying to run the ball…ok, so I just liked Anquan Boldin). Whatever, I’ll take the Ravens.

KANSAS CITY @ CLEVELAND
As bad as Cleveland is, I’m taking them because I don’t believe the Chiefs will win without those incredible special teams plays and their spectacular home crowd from Monday night.

CHICAGO @ DALLAS
I was tempted to count the Lions/Bears game as a win for me since the Lions were robbed. The Cowboys looked like warmed-over poop themselves, but I like them more. By a little.

PHILADELPHIA @ DETROIT
I was just as shocked as you by how much I enjoyed revisiting the Michael Vick experience last week.

BUFFALO @ GREEN BAY
Watching Trent Edwards play last week, I came to the conclusion that he’s a lot like Aaron Rodgers – only the exact opposite.

TAMPA BAY @ CAROLINA
The Bucs will go to 2-0, but I suspect there’ll still be plenty of seats available at the bandwagon – and at Raymond James Stadium.

SEATTLE @ DENVER
I’ll wait to see if Seattle can play well on the road before I get all excited about them.

ST. LOUIS @ OAKLAND
St. Louis looked better than expected, while Oakland looked surprisingly bad (which is hard for them to do). Do I have to pick? (Fine, home team!)

HOUSTON @ WASHINGTON
What has two thumbs and is ecstatic he drafted Arian Foster (230+ yards, 3 TDs, pictured, right) in the sixth round of his fantasy draft? THIS guy. (I guess that doesn’t really work if you can’t see me pointing at myself.)

NEW ENGLAND @ N.Y JETS
Someone please tell me why Mark Sanchez isn’t basically a right-handed Matt Leinart.

JACKSONVILLE @ SAN DIEGO
The Chargers have three or four more losses to go before people start flipping out – this won’t be one of them.

N.Y. GIANTS @ INDIANAPOLIS
I’m going there – I’m predicting Peyton Manning and the Colts will go to 0-2. Nothing against Manning, but without Bob Sanders how will the Colts keep their opponents from rushing for 200 yards every week? (If they stack the box, Eli will torch them.)

NEW ORLEANS @ SAN FRANCISCO
San Francisco was embarrassed in week one, and it’s hard to imagine they won’t come out all fired up on Monday Night Football. I like the Saints, but I’m betting the Niners will come out, control the clock, bring pressure to Drew Brees and pick up the win.

No comments: