Thursday, November 18, 2010

NFL 2010 Week 11 Picks


Yeah, so last week didn’t go so well with the picks.

I featured a picture of Chad Pennington along with my column (he’s out for the season after two passes, if you’re scoring at home), and the picks themselves were nothing to write home about (6-8 week, 67-47 overall).


I blame these stupid Thursday night games for rushing me. Also, my lack of insight into the NFL probably hindered me. Let’s see if I can do any better this week.


CHICAGO @ MIAMI

Sorry, I still don’t think the Bears are very good. Also, I don’t think new QB Tyler Thigpen is that bad. (Best third-stringer in the league behind Colt McCoy?) If this game were in the Chicago cold, you could talk me into the Bears. Since weather won’t be a factor in the Miami evening, I think the Dolphins are the better team, everything else being equal.


BUFFALO @ CINCINNATI

Yes, the Bengals are a cake wreck, but they’re not untalented. At some point, pride has to kick in, right? (Ok, maybe not.)


DETROIT @ DALLAS

Break up the Cowboys! How many more wins until people delude themselves into talking playoffs for Dallas? Two more? Three more?


WASHINGTON @ TENNESSEE

I think the Eagles just scored another touchdown on the Skins. Just a complete embarrassment.


ARIZONA @ KANSAS CITY

I thought Arizona was supposed to be good at home, but they got hammered by Seattle last week. Let’s just say I don’t like them on the road in one of the toughest stadiums to play in.


GREEN BAY @ MINNESOTA

This is Aaron Rodgers “Mortal Kombat”-style “Finish him!” game in regards to Favre and the Vikings. Mostly, Favre.


HOUSTON @ N.Y. JETS

The Texans have to be WAY down after last week’s Hail Mary loss. I actually think they bounce back this week and shock the world. (Plus, they’re under .500...they have to always be hovering just around the .500 mark.)


OAKLAND @ PITTSBURGH

I have a feeling the Steelers are going to be annoyed that they got their necks stepped on by the Patriots.


BALTIMORE @ CAROLINA

If somebody held a gun to my head and told me I had to correctly pick one NFL game in any week of any season or he would shoot me, I would pick Baltimore in this one. That’s how bad Carolina is.


CLEVELAND @ JACKSONVILLE

The Jags HAVE to be riding high, but I like the scrappy Browns to win this one on the road. They’ve given great teams (Saints, Pats, Jets) all they could handle, so they should be able to take the Jags, no?


TAMPA BAY @ SAN FRANCISCO

If I told you before the start of the season that one of these teams would be 6-3 and the other would be 3-6, would anyone believe the Bucs would be 6-3? I mean anyone who isn’t actually ON the Bucs.


SEATTLE @ NEW ORLEANS

Ok, Seattle...fine. I’m ripping off the “horrible road team” tag I slapped on you. But you’re still not going into New Orleans and beating them coming off a bye.


ATLANTA @ ST. LOUIS

The Rams are tough at home, but if the Falcons are who we think they are (there’s Best Team in the NFC buzz) they need to win this one.


INDIANAPOLIS @ NEW ENGLAND

Tom Brady played the best he’s played in YEARS against the Steelers last weekend. Peyton Manning (pictured, right) and the Colts are wounded. When these two teams get together, it’s usually an instant classic, and I expect nothing less. It’s the regular season, so I’m taking Manning and the Colts. (Boom! Backhanded compliment!)


N.Y. GIANTS @ PHILADELPHIA

I was one of the millions of fantasy football owners who watched in horror as Michael Vick lit up the scoreboard for my opponent, helped him overcome a big lead and destroyed my spirit. He WAS sensational, but after the never-ending hype he HAS to be due for a come down, no? Conversely, is there any way the Giants don’t whip their own asses into shape after being embarrassed at home by the Cowboys.


DENVER @ SAN DIEGO

This should be another shootout. I think the late-season Chargers comeback continues.


No comments: