Wednesday, November 24, 2010

NFL 2010 Week 12 Picks

I love the NFL on Thanksgiving!

Few things are better than vegging out in front of a TV and watching football before (mmm, those smells) and after (oy, I can’t move) Thanksgiving dinner.

Speaking of which, I did decently this past week (9-7 week, 76-54 overall) but hope to do even better this time out. (But I probably won’t.)

NEW ENGLAND @ DETROIT
The Lions are so pathetic that my favorite thing about their mandatory Thanksgiving game is that I get to use the picture accompanying this column.

NEW ORLEANS @ DALLAS
The Saints seems to have found their groove offensively. On the other hand, I’m hearing whispers about some people actually talking themselves into the Cowboys running the table and making a playoff run. One of these two things will come to a stop tomorrow. (Hint: it probably won’t be the Saints’ offensive explosion.)

CINCINATTI @ N.Y. JETS
Did you hear where T.O. called Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis an “average” cornerback. The Bengals are such in the pits that T.O. is now just saying things to hear himself talk.

GREEN BAY @ ATLANTA
In a showdown between the best two teams in the NFC (for this week), I’ll take the Falcons in their dome.

PITTSBURGH @ BUFFALO
Buffalo showed last week that it has some real firepower (I think they just scored on the Bengals again), but I think the Pittsburgh D is a different story.

CAROLINA @ CLEVELAND
In a season with pretty mediocre teams, we really should applaud the Panthers for being 100% the worst, and having the fortitude to be flat-out TERRIBLE.

JACKSONVILLE @ N.Y. GIANTS
The Giants are hurting (both figuratively and literally), but that’s precisely when they seem to respond to one of Tom Coughlin’s (figurative, I hope) tongue-lashings.

MINNESOTA @ WASHINGTON
I feel like the Vikings will be able to take a long enough break from celebrating the firing of coach/knucklehead Brad Childress long enough to take care of business against the Skins.

TENNESSEE @ HOUSTON
So apparently, Vince Young texted an apology to head coach Jeff Fisher for being a cry baby. Apparently, that’s the 2010 version of “manning up.” The Texans are reeling, but as much as I want to take someone named Rusty Smith on the road in his first start, I just can’t.

KANSAS CITY @ SEATTLE
Two of the league’s best home teams. The Seahawks are at home, plus it feels like it’s time for Seattle to pull off one of its inexplicable wins.

MIAMI @ OAKLAND
The Tyler Thigpen era in Miami did NOT get off to a good start. I like Oakland to bounce back in the Black Hole after getting a spanking (sounds naughtier than it was) from Pittsburgh.

ST. LOUIS @ DENVER
St. Louis comes close to winning on the road, but seem to always come back short. Plus, Knowshon Moreno will make his 2010 Fantasy Football debut on my roster his week. (Let’s just say Tom Coughlin isn’t the only guy benching Ahmad Bradshaw this week.)

PHILADELPHIA @ CHICAGO
Ok, I’ve been a persistent hater of Chicago: if they win THIS one, then I’m on board. Promise.

TAMPA BAY @ BALTIMORE
Call it a homer pick, but the Bucs are a different (better) team than the one that got blown out earlier this year by the Saints and Steelers.

SAN DIEGO @ INDIANAPOLIS
The Chargers usually give Peyton Manning trouble, but the Colts need this one to take control of/keep pace in their division. (We all know the Chargers are going to win every game in December, so they’ll be fine.)

SAN FRANCISO @ ARIZONA
Tennesse @ Jacksonville…you have some SERIOUS competition for Worst Monday Night Football game of the year!

No comments: