Sunday, October 17, 2010

NFL 2010 Week 6 Picks

I’ve got a pretty busy Sunday, so let me sneak these picks in before my day gets started.

I had a decent week last time (8-6 week, 33-27 season), but I hope I do even better with these picks.

SEATTLE @ CHICAGO
The Bears get Jay Cutler back (an upgrade after an all-time atrocious performance by Todd Collins, but I’d pick them anyway because Seattle is horrible on the road.

MIAMI @ GREEN BAY
Green Bay’s dealing with a LOT of injuries, but it looks like they’ll have Aaron Rodgers back. I just think they have too much firepower for Miami.

SAN DIEGO @ ST. LOUIS
Norv Turner in danger of losing his job – a September/October tradition unlike any other. Look for the Chargers to start turning it around.

BALTIMORE @ NEW ENGLAND
I picked the Ravens last week versus the Broncos because Denver only does one thing well on offense – pass the ball. Pretty much the same story with New England, don’t you think?

NEW ORLEANS @ TAMPA BAY
I want to go with my hometown boyz, but Drew Brees and the Saints HAVE to explode at some point, no? (At least for the sake of my fantasy team.)

DETROIT @ N.Y. GIANTS
It was pretty gracious of Tom Coughlin to vacate the hot seat so that guys like Norv Turner, Wade Phillips and Mike Singletary could get off their feet for a while, wasn’t it?

ATLANTA @ PHILADELPHIA
A lot of people consider Atlanta to be the best team in the conference and they’re currently atop the NFC South – which is why it’s about time they drop a game and come back to the pack. (No one this year is allowed to have more than a one-game divisional lead.)

CLEVELAND @ PITTSBURGH
And here I thought the Browns actually LIKED rookie QB Colt McCoy (pictured, right). I guess not! If they did, why would they give him his first start on the road against a fierce Steelers defense that’s coming off a bye. Colt must’ve pissed somebody off.

KANSAS CITY @ HOUSTON
Kansas City looked impressive in a road loss to the Colts last week, and I definitely expect them to look impressive again when they lose to the Texans on the road this week.

OAKLAND @ SAN FRANCISCO
Ok, the Niners HAVE to win at some point, don’t they? If they don’t Mike Singletary could get fired, and I don’t want to live in a world in which Mike Singletary isn’t ranting, yelling at his QB in the sideline and, I guess, coaching.

N.Y. JETS @ DENVER
The Jets defense is probably just as good (if not better) than the Ravens defense that shut the Broncos down last week, so what do you think is going to happen?

DALLAS @ MINNESOTA
Whichever team loses goes to 1-4 (but is not necessarily eliminated from playoff contention), while the team who wins goes to 2-3 (and their coach ends up on the lukewarm seat). It’s fun to see “America’s team” AND/OR Brett Favre struggle. One of my favorite movie taglines is “Alien vs. Predator”: “Whoever wins, we lose.” Well, in this case, “Whoever loses, we win!”

INDIANAPOLIS @ WASHINGTON
When the last time you watched a regular season, prime-time game in which Peyton Manning and the Colts didn’t kick ass? (Well, it was that one game against the Chargers in which they allowed a couple of kick return touchdowns, and Manning had about 9 turnovers…but that was YEARS ago.)

TENNESSEE @ JACKSONVILLE
Least interesting Monday Night Football game of the year, or least interesting Monday Night Football game EVER? (Seriously, Jacksonville?! What were they thinking?)

No comments: