Sunday, October 31, 2010

NFL Week 8 Picks

I was offline for the better part of last weekend, but now I’m back with a new batch of predictions (sure to go wrong).

Then again, I actually fared decently way back in week 6 (10-4 week, 43-31 season) so let’s take a look at what’s in store for week 8.

MIAMI @ CINCINNATI
Miami’s lost to some really good teams, and they’re actually a little better on the road. Plus, the Bengals are pretty sucky. (Don’t pay attention to those relatively close final scores – that’s mostly Carson Palmer padding his stats in garbage time when the other team stopped trying.)

JACKSONVILLE @ DALLAS
I still haven’t gotten the bad taste of watching the Jags play on Monday Night Football a couple of weeks ago. I was ANGRY at how bad that game was.

WASHINGTON @ DETROIT
Definitely tempting to take the Lions at home (especially now that they’re getting healthier), but they seem to be a trendy pick this week. I’m sticking with the Skins, who have found a way to win close games more often than not this year.

BUFFALO @ KANSAS CITY
More interesting from a fantasy standpoint than from a real-life standpoint. Hey, at least Ryan Fitzpatrick (pictured, left) has made the Bills interesting from ANY standpoint. The Bills aren’t going into Arrowhead and coming out with a win.

CAROLINA @ ST. LOUIS
Nice win by the Panthers last week and tough loss by the Rams in Tampa last week (fortunately, only 800 people saw it in person). I expect the Rams to bounce back with a big win at home. (Which is a sentence I’ve already typed more than once this year – didn’t see that coming!)

GREEN BAY @ N.Y. JETS
Not a good scene for the Packers. Banged up team going on the road…against a good team (with a great defense) coming off a bye…coming off an emotional, draining win. This has letdown written all over it. (I mean, would even Packers fans be mad at them for losing this one?)

DENVER @ SAN FRANCISCO
Sorry, England.

TENNESSEE @ SAN DIEGO
Although it’s fun to watch the Chargers come up with new, creative ways of losing games (false start right before a potential game-tying kick), it’s about time they start turning things around, no?

TAMPA BAY @ ARIZONA
I want to go with my heart, but I’ve seen the Cardinals at home – they’re a different team. (A good team.)

MINNESOTA @ NEW ENGLAND
I realize people are obsessed with whether or not Favre plays, and Randy Moss coming back to New England. I’m flipping this matchup around a bit – this is a HORRIBLE matchup for the Vikings defense (which thrives on putting pressure with their front four) against Tom Brady and a New England offense which is back to dinking and dunking people to death like it’s 2003!

SEATTLE @ OAKLAND
As good as Arizona is at home, that’s how bad Seattle typically is on the road. (Even though I applied this same logic two weeks ago, and the Seahawks beat Chicago on the road.)

PITTSBURGH @ NEW ORLEANS
Pittsburgh could be the best team in the league – but New Orleans NEEDS this one. Badly.

HOUSTON @ INDIANAPOLIS
You’ve gotta go with Peyton Manning at home in primetime. Mostly though I’m hoping for a high-scoring game since three of my offensive fantasy starters are prominently involved.

No comments: