Saturday, November 14, 2009

Conflict of Interest: Wes Welker edition

It’s crunch time in the fantasy football season.

I’m lucky enough to not be completely out of it in either league, but I NEED to win games from here on out if I want to go to the postseason.

That means I’ll be hoping all of my players in both leagues have solid games because I can’t really afford to tank ANY games.

This week, I face Wes Welker in my Yahoo League where I’m 5-4 and clinging to the final playoff spot, but I own him in my Yahoo Plus League where I’m 4-5 and fading fast.

The natural inclination would be to hope Welker has a monster game for me, so I can climb back to .500 in my Yahoo Plus League. However, receivers don’t get nearly as many points in the Yahoo Plus League as they do in the Yahoo League. So if Welker has a big game, he’ll get me considerably less points than he’ll get my opponent in my other league.

Since Welker is arguably the most consistent receiver in the league, I’m hoping he has a typical (as opposed to extraordinary) game. So…

Dream statline: 7 catches for 79 yards and 0 TDs.

No comments: