Wednesday, November 25, 2009

NFL 2009 Week 12 Thanksgiving picks

It’s Thanksgiving and football fans should be thankful that we get three games on Thursday.

(I’m glossing over the fact that only one of the games is really interesting and that I won’t be able to actually watch any of the action because I’ll be at work because I want to keep things positive.)

So yeah, where was I? Oh yeah, thankful! And you should be too. Let’s break the games down.

GREEN BAY @ DETROIT
If you predicted Detroit and Cleveland would play one of the most entertaining games of the year, raise your hand. (Stop lying, smartass.) Matthew Stafford threw for 5 TDs and more than 400 yards, while Calvin Johnson had more than 150 receiving yards and a score. Neither of these gentlemen are expected to play Thursday, so I’m going with Green Bay.

OAKLAND @ DALLAS
Damnit, I knew the Raiders were going to beat the Bengals last week! I was just too scared to pick the upset. In a related story, I’m too scared to pick them upsetting the Cowboys in Dallas. Don’t be surprised if more than one Cowboy runs for more than 100 yards.

N.Y. GIANTS @ DENVER
I’ve already expressed that I feel like the Giants are about to embark on an upswing that’ll take them into the playoffs. The question is whether or not I believe Denver can snap out of their four-game losing streak in time to make the playoffs themselves. I do NOT. Defenses have figured out how to defend them, and the Broncos have no answer so far. It’s pretty bad when last week a gimpy Kyle Orton had to replace a completely ineffective Chris Simms, who just had another incompletion while I was writing this sentence.

No comments: