Saturday, October 10, 2009

Conflict of Interest: Steve Slaton edition

No, I haven’t been slacking off. (Not this time, at least.)

It’s just that after a week 2 that featured FOUR fantasy football conflicts of interest, my life had been blissfully conflict-free for the last couple of Sundays/Mondays.

Well, all of that is over thanks to Mr. Steve Slaton. I own Slaton in my Yahoo Football PLUS league, while I’m facing him in my Yahoo Football (Regular) squad.

I’m 3-1 in both leagues and, obviously, I’d like to win both matchups. I’m actually going to hope Slaton has a strong game on the ground, and here’s why:

The team I’m facing in my Yahoo Football (Regular) league is called the Keyboard Cats, but they might as well be called the Keyboard Texans, because the owner has Slaton, QB Matt Schaub and WR Andre Johnson on his squad. I’m not naïve (or optimistic) enough to think Arizona is going to shut all three of those guys down, so I’m going to hope they double (or triple) team Johnson and generally guard against the pass, leaving the semi-struggling Slaton with enough room to run. (Emphasis on RUN: I don’t want him doing too much damage in the passing game either.)

Dream statline: 20 carries for 97 yards and 1 TD, and three catches for 20 yards.

No comments: