Saturday, October 24, 2009

NFL 2009 Week 7 picks

I’m starting to sense a pattern here.

I’ve gotten nine picks right for three straight weeks now (9-4 week, 62-28 season). On the one hand, that’s pretty decent. On the other hand, I’m not really one to be satisfied with “pretty decent.” With only 13 games on the slate this weekend, it’s going to be tough to get 10 games right.

But I’m still gonna try.

GREEN BAY @ CLEVELAND
I realize I’m pretty much killing my chances of picking 10 winners by going with Cleveland, but I have a feeling about them home and I still don’t fully trust the Packers. (Warning: there’s a chance that this pick is wishful thinking since I’m forced to start Derek Anderson as one of my two QBs this week. Blech.)

SAN DIEGO @ KANSAS CITY
San Diego is not very good, but they’re still better than K.C., who might be a little too happy with themselves after their – what’s the opposite of “epic”? – win over the Skins last week.

INDIANAPOLIS @ ST. LOUIS
Just, no.

MINNESOTA @ PITTSBURGH
Minnesota is 6-0, but could easily be 4-2 but for a Brett Favre quasi Hail Mary and a missed field goal by the Ravens. The Steelers are actually 4-2 and I like them at home now that they’re a passing team and Minnesota can’t stop the pass.

NEW ENGLAND @ TAMPA BAY
Congratulations to the Bucs, who will become the only team to get stomped on in two different continents this season.

SAN FRANCISCO @ HOUSTON
Yes, the 49ers bandwagon is shakier than ever, but people are starting to believe in the Texans – which is precisely the time when they drop a winnable game.

BUFFALO @ CAROLINA
Jake Delhomme threw for 68 yards last week and had a pick returned for a touchdown – and the Panthers won! If they can overcome that, they can beat the Bills at home (especially now that they’re running the ball).

N.Y JETS @ OAKLAND
Yes, Sanchez was the one who threw 5 picks last week, but if you watched that long JaMarcus Russell-to-Zach Miller TD pass, the real MVP was Florida Gator (and Lakewood High School Spartan) Louis Murphy, who threw three great blocks down the field. What I’m saying is that JaMarcus Russell is STILL the worst quarterback I’ve ever seen.

ATLANTA @ DALLAS
The Cowboys haven’t shown that they can beat anyone who’s any good. In a related story, Atlanta is good.

CHICAGO @ CINCINNATI
Two years ago, my first playing fantasy football, I used/wasted a second round pick on Cedric Benson (pictured, left). I know he’s doing VERY well now with the Bengals, but I hate Cedric Benson. Go Bears!

NEW ORLEANS @ MIAMI
First it was, “Yeah, the Saints are good, but can they beat the Jets’ great D?” Then it was, “Yeah, the Saints are good, but the Giants are better and their D will stop them.” Even after the Saints passed both tests, now the talk is, “Yeah, the Saints are good, but can they stop the Wildcat.” What’s going to be everybody’s complaint after they win by a couple of touchdowns? Again.

ARIZONA @ N.Y. GIANTS
For the record, the Giants ARE really good, and their D should stop the Cardinals.

PHILADELPHIA @ WASHINGTON
Hmm, let’s see. The Washington coach is a dead man walking and Philadelphia will be pissed after losing to the Raiders last week. What do YOU think is going to happen?

No comments: