Friday, December 10, 2010

NFL 2010 Week 14 Picks

Told you I’d be back.

I’m feeling good. I’m in my fantasy league playoffs for the third straight year (only person to do that), I did decently in my picks last time out (10-6 week, 95-67 overall) and I’m off to a good start this week (1-0 after the Colts-Titans game).

Let’s jump right into the rest of week 14!

CLEVELAND @ BUFFALO
I’m tempted to go with Buffalo because they’ve been feisty most of the year, despite their horrid record. Then I remembered that they have a pathetic run defense and I imagined Cleveland’s Peyton Hillis running for 180 yards and 3 TDs against them.

CINCINNATI @ PITTSBURGH
Carson Palmer just looks like he wants to go home. Any thoughts on who’ll be coaching the Bengals once Marvin Lewis gets fired. (You can’t fall for the “trying to draw the other team offsides when we have no intention of running a play” trick and keep your job, right?)

GREEN BAY @ DETROIT
This feels like one of those games where the Packers jump out to a big lead, the Lions make it more interesting then it should be before they lose by eight points.

N.Y. GIANTS @ MINNESOTA
I don’t think Brett Favre is going to play this week. And if he does, I think the Giants pass rush knocks him out by halftime.

TAMPA BAY @ WASHINGTON
The Bucs playoff hopes may be evaporating (Aqib Talib, their best player on defense is on injured reserve), but at least they get to beat up on the Redskins. Even the Titans think the Redskins are a mess.

ATLANTA @ CAROLINA
Carolina showed signs of life at Seattle last week until, apparently, someone reminded them they’re the worst team in the league, and they promptly blew it.

OAKLAND @ JACKSONVILLE
When do we start talking about Maurice Jones-Drew (pictured, left) as an MVP candidate? Maybe after he runs for another 150 or so yards against the Raiders’ suspect run defense on Sunday. (And DEFINITELY after he starts playing quarterback.)

SEATTLE @ SAN FRANCISCO
Alex Smith is back at the controls for the 49ers…and I’m back on picking against them. (Not that I ever stopped.)

ST. LOUIS @ NEW ORLEANS
I know the Rams are at the top of their division, but this one has blowout written all over it. Ok, that’s not exactly accurate. It’s more like this one has “blowout” written neatly on the side of it.

MIAMI @ N.Y. JETS
The Jets’ collective ass is still red after the spanking they took from the Patriots. Do we think Dolphins QB Chad Henne makes it to the end of this game?

DENVER @ ARIZONA
Fire your coach, start winning games. Seems like the Bengals should’ve tried this a month and a half ago.

KANSAS CITY @ SAN DIEGO
Even if Chief QB Matt Cassel hadn’t undergone an appendectomy, I’d pick the Chargers because (last week’s debacle notwithstanding) they have an annoying habit of winning games at the end of the season and somehow winding up with the AFC West title.

NEW ENGLAND @ CHICAGO
It took me more than a month, but I’m on the Bears bandwagon. (Well that, and I think the Pats are due for a letdown game.)

PHILADELPHIA @ DALLAS
Dallas is hot, and Michael Vick keeps getting nicked up here and there. I smell upset.

BALTIMORE @ HOUSTON
The Texans NEED this game if they want to finish they’re customary 8-8/9-7.

No comments: