Thursday, December 16, 2010

NFL 2010 Week 15 Picks

It’s crunch time in the NFL season and, more importantly, in fantasy football land.

I’m in my main league’s fantasy playoffs for the third straight year and, so far, I have no (imaginary) rings to show for my efforts.

I’m trying not to over think my week 15 lineup (Pierre Garcon vs. Vincent Jackson for my third WR spot?!) the same way I’m trying not to over think my picks. Last week was a wash (8-8 week, 103-75 season), so we’ll see what happens now.

SAN FRANCISCO @ SAN DIEGO
The Niners looked pretty great last year, so they’re due for a turd of a performance. Also, don’t we all still kind of feel like the Chargers are going to the playoffs?

CLEVELAND @ CINCINNATI
I picked both of these losing teams to win on the road last week, and they both let me down. Can I pick “tie” for this? Fine, I’ll go with the Browns now that Colt McCoy is back in the picture (and Jake Delhomme is out of it).

WASHINGTON @ DALLAS
The Panthers have a much worse record, but the Redskins are just as big a disaster zone.

HOUSTON @ TENNESEE
Think Houston WR Andre Johnson will be up for this game?

JACKSONVILLE @ INDIANAPOLIS
The Jags have pretty much done everything to show they’re legit…but I’m not going to bury the Colts until they’re in the ground and the Jaguars are standing over them with shovels.

KANSAS CITY @ ST. LOUIS
Whether Chiefs QB Matt Cassel (pictured, right) plays or not, I’m taking the Rams, who are always feisty at home. If Cassel doesn’t play, the Chiefs may not get 10 points.

BUFFALO @ MIAMI
Oh oh…Miami’s doing that thing where they hover around the outskirts of the playoff picture again. Don’t sleep on them.

DETROIT @ TAMPA BAY
Hopefully the Bucs can actually win this game AND avoiding losing a few more starters to injured reserve.

ARIZONA @ CAROLINA
I’ve got the weirdly-resurgent Cardinals beating the Panthers, but the real losers are anyone who has to watch this game. Yikes!

NEW ORLEANS @ BALTIMORE
Come on, Drew Brees! Carry me to the fantasy finals!

PHILADELPHIA @ N.Y. GIANTS
Should be a great game, but I’m going with the Eagles because of the Giants’ tendency to lay eggs at home this season.

ATLANTA @ SEATTLE
I think this game will be closer than people think…which means the Falcons will only win by about two touchdowns.

N.Y. JETS @ PITTSBURGH
Is there a worse possible place for a quarterback that is struggling with turnovers to visit than Pittsburgh? Egads!

DENVER @ OAKLAND
Come on, Knowshon Moreno! Carry me to the fantasy finals! (Definitely didn’t think I’d be saying that at the start of the year.)

GREEN BAY @ NEW ENGLAND
If Aaron Rodgers plays (which I can’t shake the feeling he will), the Packers have a chance. If he doesn’t play, the Packers may not get five first downs. Either way, the Patriots will likely continue their roll.

CHICAGO @ MINNESOTA
The Vikings options are: A.) Tarvaris Jackson and his turf toe, B.) Brett Favre and his mangled hand, C.) Third-stringer Joe Webb. Yeah, I’m going with the other team.

No comments: