Thursday, December 13, 2007

NFL Week 15 Picks

Whoa! I broke new ground last week. Instead of going 10-6 for the 32nd straight week, I did MUCH better (11-5 week, 124-74). With another early-week game (and me in the middle of my deadline) let's get this done in a hurry (that's what she said).

DENVER @ HOUSTON
It's a virtual playoff game as the loser of this one will be eliminated from playoff contention. Then again, let's be honest, the winner of this game is probably not going to the playoffs either, so who cares?

CINCINNATI @ SAN FRANCISCO
Poor NFL Network. I bet this actually looked like a great idea at the beginning of the season. I'm glad I can't watch this game because that way, Carson Palmer and Frank Gore can get together and discuss how they killed my fantasy football team without having me around.

JACKSONVILLE @ PITTSBURGH
Probably the best game on the schedule. Even though they're beat up (and Anthony Smith didn't guarantee they'd win) I'll take the Steelers because they have more firepower on offense.

ATLANTA @ TAMPA BAY
Well damn. I mean, I know it sucks for Atlanta that their coach quit on them. Oh wait, no it doesn't because if Bobby Petrino (pictured, left with Falcons owner Arthur Blank before he ran away) is a Quitty McGiveupalot, and the sooner they got him out of there the better. But it also stinks for the Bucs. Before Petrino quit, the Bucs were going to a play a sorry team that was going nowhere. Now they're playing a sorry team that's going nowhere that wants to show their old coach he made a mistake quitting on them. That being said, I'm still taking the Bucs because Atlanta is REALLY bad.

CAROLINA @ SEATTLE
Psst. Don't look now but Seattle's playing some of the best football in the league. Don't tell anybody.

GREEN BAY @ ST. LOUIS
Say what you will about Brett Favre, but that guy came back from an injured elbow AND a separated shoulder to shred what is allegedly a good Oakland pass defense. Look for more of the same.

BALTIMORE @ MIAMI
I saw an entire Miami game for the first time last week (at Buffalo). They are just beyond pathetic. They're even worse than the Ravens.

NY JETS @ NEW ENGLAND
We all know the Patriots are going to win, but the question is by how much. There's supposed to be heavy snow in New England, which should slow the home team down. I'm seeing a 59-3 score. Bill Bellichik OWNS young opposing quarterbacks.

ARIZONA @ NEW ORLEANS
I like Arizona's defense against New Orleans potent offense more than I like New Orleans' sorry defense against Arizona's offense.

BUFFALO @ CLEVELAND
The second best matchup of the week — this one between two wild card contenders. And if you knew we'd be saying that about these two teams at this point of the year, then you're a lying liar telling lies.

TENNESEE @ KANSAS CITY (upset)
Why do I keep picking Kansas City. They're terrible. This week, it's because I think the Titans had the air taken out of their sails after they gave away, I mean, lost the game to the Chargers last week.

INDIANAPOLIS @ OAKLAND
Watch out for the Colts. They're back under the radar and, more importantly, getting healthier.

DETROIT @ SAN DIEGO
Detroit showed some fire last week against the Cowboys — before they caved and lost the game. I expect them to be discouraged (ala the Titans) and lose big in San Diego (where the Chargers are excellent.)

PHILADELPHIA @ DALLAS
Dallas has this thing on cruise control until the playoffs start. They're so bored that T.O. is now picking fights with Keyshawn Johnson — who is retired. Still, I'd rather watch THAT on ESPN than last year's loudmouthed, wide receiver analyst Michael Irvin acting as T.O.'s publicist. Can you just imagine how unbearable he'd be this year if he were still there with the year T.O.'s having.

WASHINGTON @ NY GIANTS
Even though they're sort of winning by accident, maybe the second half collapse isn't coming this year for the Giants. They'll wait till the playoffs to collapse.

CHICAGO @ MINNESOTA
The Vikings are playing some of the best ball in the league (yes, THOSE Vikings). Meanwhile the Bears are going to their third string QB to start. Lovely.

No comments: