Tuesday, December 18, 2007

NFL Week 16 Picks

I'm currently packing and getting ready to go away for one week of vacation. I know, I know, what will you do without me?!

That doesn't mean I don't have time to sneak in my week 16 NFL picks. I finally got my wish and went something other than 10-6 last week. The problem was that I did worse (7-9 week, 131-83 overall). I'll try to do better this time, and I hope you all have a great week!

PITTSBURGH @ ST. LOUIS
Sure Pittsburgh's had a couple of tough losses in a row, but it just so happens they've been playing two of the best teams in the league in the Pats and Jags (plus they have injury issues). Fortunately for them, St. Louis is NOT among the two best teams in the league.

DALLAS @ CAROLINA
I don't think Jessica Simpson (pictured, left) is going to bother to make the trip to Carolina, so I'll take the Cowboys.

OAKLAND @ JACKSONVILLE
Jacksonville's red hot right now, but I wouldn't put it past Oakland to steal this one (they almost beat the Colts last week). Still, I like Jacksonville to win and clinch a playoff spot.

PHILADELPHIA (upset) @ NEW ORLEANS
I like the way the Eagles played spirited ball against the Cowboys. And although the Saints need this game to keep their playoff hopes alive, I say they crap the bed against Philly.

KANSAS CITY @ DETROIT
Both of these teams are horrible right now, but only one of them has lost six in a row. I won't say who, but it rhymes with Skeetroit.

CLEVELAND @ CINCINNATI
Last time these two teams played, the Browns won 51-45. Cleveland's defense is still slightly better than Cincinnati's, which is pretty much the worst.

GREEN BAY @ CHICAGO
I got the chance to watch Chicago on Monday Night football. And by watch, I mean suffer through. They can't run the ball, they certainly can't pass it, and now they can't even stop anybody. They're like last year's Bucs.

NY GIANTS @ BUFFALO
Just when I proclaim the Giants won't collapse this year, they lose a game at home to the Redskins and a guy (Todd Collins) who hadn't started a game in 10 years. Now they finish out the season at Buffalo (never any fun) and against New England (who'll probably be going for 16-0). Not fun times.

HOUSTON (upset!) @ INDIANAPOLIS
I can already feel myself getting burned on this one (since everyone knows you don't pick against the Colts in their dome), but Houston's looked really good the past few weeks. Also, I'm thinking the Colts will be worrying more about getting healthy for the playoffs than beating Houston.

ATLANTA @ ARIZONA
Probably not a good sign that the first thing that just popped into my head to discuss about this game was that both franchises are based in places that begin and end with an "A". That being said, I think it'd be a lot more interesting to see teams from Alaska and Alabama go at it.

TAMPA BAY @ SAN FRANCISCO
Who was the idiot that had the Bucs finishing dead last in their division? That guy should have his blog taken away.

BALTIMORE @ SEATTLE
Seattle's embarrassingly lost to Carolina last week, but that's nowhere near the embarrassment of losing to 0-13 Miami. The Ravens are officially pathetic.

MIAMI @ NEW ENGLAND
Miami's coming off an emotional win and is looking to keep the Patriots from going 16-0 and preserving the 1972 Fins as the only undefeated team in NFL history. I mean, that's what they're looking to do, but it's not gonna happen.

NY JETS @ TENNESSEE
Tennessee seems to have woken up just in time to try to make the playoffs this year. Meanwhile, the Jets, well, they must be really excited about next season, right? Right?!

WASHINGTON (upset) @ MINNESOTA
Todd Collins has brought some life to Washington. Meanwhile, remember how I said the Bears looked really bad on Monday Night Football. Well, Minnesota didn't look that much better.

DENVER @ SAN DIEGO
Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep. Denver is officially dead to me. That's them flatlining. Then again, they've been pretty lifeless on the field all season.

No comments: