Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Conflict of Interest: Andre Johnson edition

Ok, so here's the deal.

It's money time in the fantasy football season as the regular season comes to a close in both my NFL.com and Yahoo league.

I literally mean it's money time since I'm tied for the division lead in my 12-team NFL league and division winners get $50, which is the cost of the entry fee. Meanwhile, I'm one game out of my Yahoo league's playoffs, but I have more total points than both of the teams I'm chasing. So I need to win there and hope one of them loses. If I win and both of them lose, then I'm likely a 3 seed. If I lose, then be on alert for flying remote controls.

The conflict this week is Texans wide receiver Andre Johnson, who was underrated up until this past Monday night when Ron Jaworski and Tony Kornheiser said his name approximately 200 times. He's also the league leader in catches and receiving yards, so he's obviously been a big-time fantasy presence.

I own him in my Yahoo league, while my opponent has him in my NFL league. Since I NEED to win to even have a chance of making the playoffs in my Yahoo league and to preserve the health of my TV remote, I'm going to hope AJ has a relatively big game. I'm also just going to hope the team I share the division lead with simply loses because I also like cash.

Dream statline: 7 catches for 85 yards and 1TD in a loss to Green Bay.

No comments: