Tuesday, December 2, 2008

NFL 2008 Week 14 Picks

Hope you all had as much fun during your Thanksgiving holiday as I did.

If you did, there's a good chance it was because WEREN'T watching the pitiful and depressing games the league offered on Thursday. Much less pitiful was my picks record (10-6 week, 120-71-1 overall), so let's see if we can keep that going.

OAKLAND @ SAN DIEGO
Losing at home to Oakland would be a new low for this disappointing Chargers team. I think they're about to hit a new low.

JACKSONVILLE @ CHICAGO
After their ugly loss to Houston on Monday Night Football, the big question for me was whether the Jaguars used Fed Ex or UPS when they decided to mail in their season?

MINNESOTA @ DETROIT
A few weeks ago I was going to pick Detroit to win this game and seal Brad Childress's firing at the end of the season. Now, it looks like the Vikings might actually win their crappy division. Also, I've seen the Lions play two weeks in a row and I've become convinced that they can't win this year.

HOUSTON @ GREEN BAY
On the other hand, Green Bay is TRYING to win. It's just that their defense is not helping. I think they pick up a win against the Texans because Houston just won't want to play in Green Bay in December.

CLEVELAND @ TENNESSEE
Ken Dorsey sighting! It was nice of the league to give the Titans two straight bye weeks this late in the season, wasn't it?

CINCINNATI @ INDINAPOLIS
So the Colts didn't even score a touchdown on offense last week and they STILL won. Watch out for this team.

ATLANTA @ NEW ORLEANS
I like Atlanta a LOT. But I like New Orleans at home more.

PHILADELPHIA @ N.Y. GIANTS
It's nice to see that the Eagles DO give a damn, but you're still not going to get me to pick against the Giants. (I know you appreciate my restraint in forgoing a Plaxico Burress joke. I'm sure you've heard them all.)

N.Y. JETS @ SAN FRANCISCO
Seems like nobody got more excited about the "Jets are the best team in the AFC" talk than the Jets themselves. They should be focused this week and pound San Francisco.

NEW ENGLAND @ SEATTLE
Ok, so Matt Cassel DID look terrible against a fantastic Steelers defense. In fact, he looked almost as bad as the Seahawks did on Thanksgiving.

KANSAS CITY @ DENVER
It was just nice to see that Denver apparently got sick of everyone telling them how much they sucked and did something about it.

MIAMI @ BUFFALO
Buffalo just CANNOT beat anyone that is any good. Also, if Miami wins they'll have 8 wins (following a 1-15 season). And why isn't Tony Sparano (pictured, right) a lock for Coach of the Year? (I know Parcells put the team together, but I haven't noticed any puppet strings dangling from Sparano's limbs)

ST. LOUIS @ ARIZONA
Don't be fooled by their losses to the Giants and the Eagles. Arizona is still a great team as long as they play in warm weather and the other team's defense isn't very good. Thankfully, this game fits both criteria.

DALLAS @ PITTSBURGH
I know people are sprinting to catch up to the Dallas bandwagon, but after watching what they did to New England, I think Pittsburgh will simply beat up the Cowboys.

WASHINGTON @ BALTIMORE
So yeah, it turns out that Washington really isn't very good, while Baltimore keeps improving. Not fun times if you're a Skins fan.

TAMPA BAY @ CAROLINA
It's the game of the week as the two teams tied for first place in, arguably, the league's toughest division square off on Monday Night Football. I'm picking the Bucs because they're just more consistent than the Panthers, who are just as likely to put up 35 points on the road (as they did in Green Bay) as they are to put up 3 (as they did in their first meeting with Tampa). There's also a small chance I'm picking the Bucs because they're my team.

No comments: