Thursday, December 11, 2008

Conflict of Interest: Wes Welker/Playoffs edition

Playoffs?! You kiddin' me?! You wanna talk about...playoffs?!

Yes, for the first time in my two seasons playing fantasy football I can talk playoffs since both my teams are in.

Of course that means, I'm facing a team with good players leading to a conflict.

This time it's New England's mighty mite wide receiver Wes Welker who also happens to be the league leader in receptions. While teams are busy double covering teammate Randy Moss, all Welker does is run around the middle of the field and make about 10 catches per game.

I have Welker in my Yahoo Sports league (where I'm playing the 1 seed), and my opponent has him in my NFL.com league (where I'm also the 4 seed). Obviously I'm playing two really good teams, so I'm going to go right down the middle and hope Welker has another Welker-y game.

Dream statline: 10 catches, 125 yards, 0TDs in a win vs. Oakland.

No comments: