Saturday, January 16, 2010

NFL Playoffs Divisional Round Picks

Wild Card Weekend got off to a slow start, but ended with a hell of a game!

I have a better feeling that the Divisional Round of this year’s playoffs will deliver closer and more competitive games.

Of course, the downside of that is that I have no idea who’s going to win any of these contests. I broke even last week (2-2) – let’s see what I can do this week.

ARIZONA @ NEW ORLEANS
I like the Saints for a combination of reasons. There appears to be a weird sentiment out there that the Saints peaked in their Monday Night win over New England and that they’re done. (I think they have a little something saved for those people). On top of that, Kurt Warner (who had more TD passes than incompletions last week) can’t possibly play that well again (right?!) Everyone’s expecting a total shootout, so watch the Saints win this one 17-10.

BALTIMORE @ INDIANAPOLIS
The Ravens looked great in New England last week, and they’re a trendy pick going up against the Colts, who haven’t played a real game in almost a month. I believe the Colts will have prepared extra hard in their down time (to get their timing and rhythm back on track) and I actually believe they’ll blow Baltimore out.

DALLAS @ MINNESOTA
Ok, I give in. The Cowboys are good (damn good!) Couple that with the fact that the Vikings haven’t beaten anybody good this year (except for the Packers when they had no offensive line) and all the ingredients are in place for Brett Favre and the rest of his team making their fans go home very angry.

N.Y. JETS @ SAN DIEGO
I realize there’s no logical reason for me to pick the Jets. I’ll admit it – I’m mostly in love with the idea of the Jets and the Colts facing off in the playoffs and New York making Indy pay for allowing them to waltz into the postseason. My major problem with Indy wasn’t that they decided to rest their players – it was that they gave up and lied down for a potential playoff opponent. (If there’s a football God out there, he will smite down the Colts.)

No comments: