Tuesday, October 9, 2007

America's Next Top Recap: Off to a rocky start

And you thought you were going to go one whole week without me subjecting you, I mean, gracing you with an America's Next Top Recap.

Due to "personal reasons" (makes me sound like an athlete or a celebrity that's gone to rehab) that flared up on 8:01 p.m. Wednesday, I wasn't able to watch this show when it aired live, and when I finally got around to it — it turns out I didn't really miss much.

I mean, there WAS a fun photo shoot, a wacky Miss J. runway lesson (watching the models strike high fashion poses in straight jackets led to some solid unintentional comedy), but the problem so far is the girls. I mean, when Bianca stops arguing with everyone and none of the girls are talking about Heather's Asperger's syndrome behind her back, this group just isn't THAT interesting yet. I'm 62% certain it'll get better once they get their makeovers, but until then I'll continue to be more entertained by VH-1s reruns of cycle 6 (Danielle! Jade! Joanie!) during weekends than this current crop

So instead we got the girls using their newly learned skills from the straight-jacket exercise to model constricting dresses. Nobody face-planted and, instead, simply looked varying degrees of uncomfortable. Mild Zzzz. Mini-Tyra, I mean Saleisha, was deemed the most least comfortable and actually won an awesome prize, a trip to Paris to walk uncomfortably in a new continent.

The photo shoot this week had the girls being all modely while rock climbing. In a rock gym, by the way, not outside. That may have been cooler, but it would've resulted in countless scrapes and cuts which really aren't all that sexy.

My favorites this week were Lisa (overcoming her fear of heights by being fierce! Look at that leg!), Ambreal (love the way, she's just kinda hanging out and just casually has one hand on the rock) and Jenah (using her rock climbing skills to strike a casual and cool pose). My least favorites were Victoria (some of the judges liked the weird thing she did with her arms — I didn't) and Kimberly (who looked like she was falling asleep and ended up going home.)

So what'd you think of this episode? Is it just me or is it farther into the season than usual without any makeovers? Are you also not quite feeling a lot of these girls yet? Can you tell if the person whose picture accompanies this blog (top left) is Jenah or Janet? Seriously, what's the difference between those two? Finally, did ANYTHING stand out about Kimberly? The only reason I remembered her when she got eliminated is because she was from Ocala, which is close to Gainesville, which is where I went to school. Other than that, I got nothing.

No comments: