Wednesday, October 10, 2007

NFL Week 6 Picks

Well, after a truly pathetic 4-10 performance, I bounced back decently this week (9-5 week, 43-33 overall). Wish I could say the same for my baseball picks, where the only series I got right was (sigh) the Red Sox winning. Anyway, now that the baseball season is pretty much dead to me (go Rockies!) I can focus all my energy on football.

MINNESOTA @ CHICAGO
Chicago saved its season against the Packers on Sunday night. I look for them to beat up Minnesota, who has a crappy young quarterback. The Bears eat crappy young quarterbacks for breakfast! Actually, Bears probably prefer a solid does of berries for breakfast, but by the time this game starts, it'll be lunch time, so they can eat the Vikes' Tarvaris Jackson for lunch!

MIAMI @ CLEVELAND
I apologize for ignoring Miami in my "worst team in the league" sweepstakes. Things don't look like they're going to get better with the immortal Cleo Lemon era restarting (I STILL say that sounds like a made-up name on Madden). Also, the Browns kinda kick ass at home.

WASHINGTON
@ GREEN BAY
Two much-improved teams with solid defenses, but the difference is that the Redskins can actually run the ball. I think the Brett Favre love-fest starts to go downhill after their loss to the Bears.

CINCINNATI @ KANSAS CITY
Someone tell the Bengals the season didn't end after week 1. They have to show up again this year at some point. This should be one of the more entertaining games — despite the presence of the Chefs.

TENNESSE @ TAMPA BAY
I like the Bucs at home, even though the fact that they called me this week and offered me a contract to play running back is probably not a good sign.

ST. LOUIS @ BALTIMORE
St. Louis showed life last week (as I predicted), but lost (not as I predicted). I expect the Ravens to step on their throat. This should be one of the more depressing games of the week.

HOUSTON @ JACKSONVILLE
This should be an interesting division matchup. I'm going with Jacksonville because they've looked really good in Denver and Kansas City which are tough places to play in. At least they used to be. Then again, I can never accurately predict the Jags, so congrats to the Texans on the win.

PHILADELPHIA @ N.Y. JETS
Ugh, the Jets are just depressing at this point. They're like the '06 Bucs — no defense, no offense and mediocre special teams. My boss just threw a wad of paper in a trash can eight yards away thereby displaying more arm-strength than Chad Pennington. I mean, Chad's a nice guy and all, but could he BE more done?

CAROLINA @ ARIZONA
Well, the Cardinals avoided the QB controversy I predicted by breaking Matt Leinart's collarbone (yes, I believe it was an inside job). I like them this week because Carolina is slightly worse, but I don't think Warner will be as good playing full-time as he was sharing the load with Leinart.

OAKLAND @ SAN DIEGO (upset!)
Well, seeing as how San Diego finally woke up this season, maybe they can roll over and wake up the Bengals. Still, I think that game said more about how bad Denver is now, than how good the Chargers are. They are STILL coached by Norv Turner, and I really like this young energetic Raiders team. This should be one of the better games of the week.

NEW ENGLAND @ DALLAS
This is the game of the week and the game of the year so far. I'm going with New England because they're the best team on the planet. Period. I don't really think it'll be close to be honest, since New England players have been going out of their way to beat people down now that everyone assumes they're cheaters. I can already see and I'm really looking forward to the shots of Romo and T.O. (pictured, looking content...for now!) bickering on the sidelines.

NEW ORLEANS @ SEATTLE
I'm done with the Saints. You should be too.

N.Y. GIANTS @ ATLANTA
The Giants are 3-2?! This team was a complete disaster the first two weeks. That's the NFL right there for you. Speaking of complete disasters, they're playing the Falcons. I bet Atlanta wishes they could just simulate the rest of the season (videogame style) and just be done with it.

No comments: