Saturday, October 18, 2008

Conflict of Interest: Steve Slaton edition

This week's conflict of interest is Steve Slaton (pictured, left), the first-year Texans running back who will be in the running for offensive rookie of the year (if Atlanta QB Matt Ryan completely goes in the tank).

I own Slaton (I KNOW it sounds weird) in my NFL league, but my opponent has him in my Yahoo league matchup. I'm going to tempt the (fantasy) football gods again by saying that I think I have an easier matchup in my NFL league, which I hope to win even if Slaton doesn't have a great game. Meanwhile, in my Yahoo league I'm playing another owner who's at 4-2. Presently, he's 3rd overall and I'm 4th overall in a 10-team league where only the top four get in the playoffs. I want that win to stay in prime playoff position.

So I want Slaton to have an average-to-bad game. Unfortunately, he's playing the awful-to-bad Lions, so my hopes aren't too high.

Dream statline: 16 carries, 57 yards and 4 catches for 28 yards and 1 TD in win against the Lions.

No comments: