Friday, September 26, 2008

Conflict of Interest: Jamal Lewis/Clinton Portis/Vernon Davis edition

Each time I've had a conflict of interest this fantasy season, I've won in one league and lost another. Meanwhile, in week 3, where there was no conflict between my two leagues, I won in each league.

This week, I'm going to be a mess of conflicting emotions as I'll face Clinton Portis AND Jamal Lewis in one league, while owning each running back in another.

At what's sure to be my own peril, I'm actually going to dog my opponent in my Yahoo sports league. He's one of those poor souls that had Tom Brady, and his team is a little decimated by injuries and bye weeks. He's starting Donte Stallworth and Mewelde Moore against me this week (I can hear you asking "those guys are on NFL rosters this year?"). He's also got Jamal Lewis (pictured, top left). Meanwhile, my matchup in my NFL.com league is shaping up to be much tougher, so I'm actually going to hope that Lewis runs a bit wild against the Bengals and helps me win on NFL.com because I think I can absorb a big game from him and still win in the Yahoo league.

Dream statline for Jamal Lewis: 24 carries, 115 yards, 2 TDs in a loss to the Bengals.

Clinton Portis (pictured, bottom left), on the other hand, has a tougher matchup against Dallas. Not tough in the sense that Dallas can shut them down, but tough in that the Cowboys could jump all over the Skins and force Washington to abandon Portis and the run. As a result, I'd be perfectly happy with a more modest game from Portis.

Dream statline for Clinton Portis: 18 carries, 70 yards, 1 TD in a loss to the Cowboys.

(I almost forgot to mention that 49ers tight end Vernon Davis, pictured right, is also a conflict of interest for me, but when you talked smack about going to the Pro Bowl at the start of the season, and you have a grand total of 4 catches for 68 yards in three games and you're not hurt, then it's not really worth my time to come up a dream statline for you. Sorry. Play better.)

No comments: