Friday, November 14, 2008

Conflict of Interest: Bo Scaife edition

Ok, so I didn't even know what a Bo Scaife was before this season and I suspect you didn't either.

Well, he's the starting tight end on the undefeated Tennessee Titans and, thanks to their, how you say, "poopy," receiving corps, their best pass catcher. More importantly, he's my conflict of interest this week.

I own him on my NFL.com league and my opponent has him in my Yahoo sports league. Here's the bottom line: I'm kinda sinking like a stone in my Yahoo league. Two weeks ago I was second in the league with a 6-2 record, now I'm 6-4 and in a four-way tie for two of the league's four playoff spots. For extra fun, I'm playing the top team in the league this week.

So despite the fact that I could pretty much punch a playoff ticket with another win in my NFL.com league (where a few people are threatening to do their Cleveland Browns impression and quit on the season), I'm gonna go ahead and root for Scaife to have a subpar game so I can right the ship in my Yahoo league and pick up a win I desperately need.

Dream statline: 4 catches, 35 yards, 0 TDs in a win against the Jaguars.

No comments: