Wednesday, November 12, 2008

NFL 2008 Week 11 Picks

Every team in the NFL is done with their bye weeks, so that means we’re now entering the stretch run (it also means you don’t have to worry about your sitting the best guys on your fantasy football team).

Like most NFL teams, I want to finish the year strong. Last week was good (11-3 week, 88-56 overall), but I want this next crop of picks to be even better. Like New York Giants/Tennessee Titans good.

N.Y. JETS @ NEW ENGLAND
Just like I figured, the Jets crushed a pathetic team at home and now everyone’s talking themselves into believing they’re serious playoff contenders. I’m gonna go ahead and stay with the best coach in the league at home over an up-and-down, infuriating bunch who only show up once every couple of weeks.

DENVER @ ATLANTA
Atlanta is kicking as at home, while Denver can’t stop anybody and are so thin at running back they called me earlier this week to see if I was interested before settling on former Bronco Tatum Bell. Everybody better keep an eye on their suitcases.

PHILADELPHIA
@ CINCINNATI
Philadelphia’s like Atlanta. They look terrific against bad teams, and less so against good teams. I’m going to go ahead and put the 1-8 Bengals in the “bad” pile.

CHICAGO @ GREEN BAY
Both teams HAVE to have this game to gain the upper hand in the skintight NFC South. I’m going with the Packers because they’re choices DON’T include a hobbled Kyle Orton or a healthy Rex Grossman at QB.

HOUSTON @ INDIANAPOLIS
I’m done with you Houston. Also, welcome to the 2008 season Colts!

NEW ORLEANS @ KANSAS CITY
I’ve been impressed by how frisky the 1-8 Chiefs have been in their last few games. I’d be even more impressed if they’d won any of those contests.

OAKLAND @ MIAMI
So this week the Raiders fired the guy who’d been calling their plays on offense. What the hell took so long? Unfortunately, the new guy will still be calling plays for the same crappy players.

BALTIMORE @ N.Y. GIANTS
I’m just not going to pick against the Giants anymore. I learned my lesson. This should be the game of the week if you like watching two great defenses go at it. Oh wait, NO ONE likes that.

MINNESOTA @ TAMPA BAY
If there’s a less impressive 6-3 team than the Bucs, I’d like to see them. That being said, I like them at home against the Vikings, who are riding shotgun on the Mediocritymobile along with the Bucs.

DETROIT @ CAROLINA
I don’t know who you are out there reading this sentence right now, but I can guarantee YOU were more ready to play football last week than Daunte Culpepper (pictured, left) was for the Lions.

ST. LOUIS @ SAN FRANCISCO
But what will Niners coach Mike Singletary’s post game press conference be like when his team actually wins? Do we even want that?

ARIZONA @ SEATTLE
Seattle quarterback Matt Hasselbeck is scheduled to make his long-awaited return from injury just in time to get crushed by the Cardinals.

SAN DIEGO @ PITTSBURGH
Why does no one seem concerned about the fact that Pittsburgh’s best two players on offense, Ben Roethlisberger and Willie Parker, are injured? Do we have THAT much faith in the Byron Leftwich/Mewelde Moore duo?

TENNESSEE @ JACKSONVILLE
There were reports that Jaguars players were laughing at the Lions last week during their blowout win. There are also unconfirmed reports of football experts laughing at the Jaguars after they lost to the then-winless Bengals. Also, a look at their 4-5 record, after they were considered to be a Super Bowl team, drew some hearty laughs.

DALLAS @ WASHINGTON
The Cowboys will be charged up with the return of starting QB Tony Romo, beat the Redskins (who will be missing RB Clinton Portis almost as much as my fantasy team will) and lead to a bunch of “they’re back” stories. This crazy league is SO predictable sometimes.

CLEVELAND @ BUFFALO
Buffalo’s in the middle of a free fall, while Cleveland players have been accused of quitting on the team. Do I HAVE to pick a winner? Ok, lemme get a coin.

No comments: