Thursday, November 8, 2007

NFL Week 10 Picks

Apparently, even though the Patriots have the weekend off, the NFL is stubbornly going ahead and scheduling other games. After a good week picking results last time (10-4 overall, 76-44 overall), I'm going to give you my thoughts on these inferior teams.

CLEVELAND @ PITTSBURGH
I like this Cleveland Browns teams a lot, and I've single-handedly motivated Romeo Crennel to become a strong candidate for coach of the year after repeatedly saying he would be the first coach fired. Still, I don't like them enough to beat the Steelers, who beat the Browns so badly in Week 1, they immediately traded away their starting QB.

PHILADELPHIA @ WASHINGTON
Since Philly is officially done and players are blaming each other and the coaching staff, I'm going with the 'Skins, who haven't exactly looked so hot themselves lately — except for tight end (and I DO mean TIGHT END) Chris Cooley.

ATLANTA @ CAROLINA
Two more semi-pathetic teams, but there's no way I'm picking Atlanta two weeks in a row, so I'm going with Carolina, who is wisely starting mine and Erica's boy Vinny Testaverde.

ST. LOUIS @ NEW ORLEANS
New Orleans is officially back (and as a Bucs fan in the same division I'm terrified of them) and the Rams still stink until further notice.

BUFFALO @ MIAMI
Don't look now, but Buffalo is two last-second field goals away from being 6-2 (yes, the Buffalo Bills!) Meanwhile, Miami is about 97 plays away from being 3-5.

DENVER @ KANSAS CITY
Seems like every time I pick the Chiefs, they lose, but I can't pass them up at home against an increasingly pathetic Broncos team (allowing 44 points to the Lions?) with a hobbled Jay Cutler and a hurt/about to be suspended starting running back. That sound you hear is Jake Plummer laughing his ass off.

JACKSONVILLE @ TENNESSEE
Tennessee just might be the most boring, unspectacular 6-2 team we've seen in a while (and they have Vince Young!), and they'll keep it going against equally boring, unspectacular Jacksonville, who'll shut down the Jags running attack.

MINNESOTA @ GREEN BAY
I'm done underestimating the Packers. Although it's tempting to pick the Vikes and Adrian Peterson, it's not like he's going to surpass what he did last week and rush for MORE than 296 yards this week. Right?

CINCINNATI
@ BALTIMORE
Both of these teams are so sorry for such different reasons (Cincy's D, Baltimore's O) that I truly have no idea here. I'll go with the Bengals because I need Carson Palmer (my fantasy QB) to have a good game. He'll have suspended wide receiver Chris Henry (who I also picked up for my fantasy team) in the lineup for the first time this season. Oh wait, Henry apparently got into an altercation with a parking attendant. Dammit all. Also, why am I surprised?

DALLAS @ NY GIANTS
Again, I'd love to pick against the Cowboys, but it is now the start of the second half of the season, and I'll just sit back and watch the Giants go in the toilet. Also, they're playing a real team for the first time in close to two months.

DETROIT
@ ARIZONA
Two perpetually pathetic franchises. One seems to be rising about their historical ineptitude, and the other is the Arizona Cardinals (who, at 3-5, are only one game off the lead in their pathetic division).

CHICAGO @ OAKLAND
I actually am not 100% convinced Chicago's done. Just like 98% convinced. They'll stop that number from going to 100 with a win in Oakland.

INDIANAPOLIS @ SAN DIEGO
The game of the week. Indianapolis played great against the Pats, while San Diego allowed 296 rushing yards to a rookie. That's just not something you do, if you consider yourself a real playoff contender. Or a team filled with professionals who get paid to play football.

SAN FRANCISCO @ SEATTLE
I alluded to the pathetic NFC West before, and I'm just assuming this matchup looked a lot more exciting at the beginning of the season than it does now. Since, I HAVE to pick, I'll go with Seattle to continue to contribute to San Francisco's incredibly depressing (for me too, since Frank Gore was my 1 fantasy pick) season.

No comments: