Thursday, November 22, 2007

NFL Week 12 Picks

Last week I did decently (10-6 week, 93-57 overall). This week I have to hurry up and sneak my picks in before the first Thanksgiving game starts. Let's do this:

GREEN BAY @ DETROIT
Green Bay's playing better than ever (well, you know, this season) while Detroit keeps for getting to run the ball and are playing as badly as ever (see for them I actually mean as badly as they've usually played in the franchise's pathetic history)

NY JETS @ DALLAS
If this were in New York, I swear I'd take the Jets because last time the 'Boys had a big game coming up next week (as they do against the Pack next week) they completely gagged and should've lost in Buffalo (the week before they lost to the Patriots). Instead, I look for Tony Romo to light up the Jets the same way he did my Bucs last year for Thanksgiving, making me throw up most of my turkey.

INDIANAPOLIS
@ ATLANTA
The NFL Network can have this crappy game.

SEATTLE @ ST. LOUIS (upset)
Although Seattle's been great lately, St. Louis is much improved and I like them at home. Ok, you got me. Mostly I wanted to pick an upset, and this is as good a chance as any.

MINNESOTA @ NY GIANTS
Maybe the Giants won't completely fold this year. It helps to play a mediocre-to-crappy team like the Vikes.

BUFFALO @ JACKSONVILLE
Buffalo's ass will still be red from getting spanked by the Patriots. Also, Jacksonville might be the second best team in the AFC right now. Yeah, I said it.

CAROLINA @ NEW ORLEANS
Who the hell can figure out either of these two teams. I'll take New Orleans at home, even though I keep taking them at home and they keep losing. Where's that magic from last year?

WASHINGTON @ TAMPA BAY
These two always have close and competitive games, and I expect the same this year. I'll take the Bucs at home because they're getting healthier, playing well, and can maintain a nice lead in the division while the Redskins feel like they're fading.

HOUSTON @ CLEVELAND
Cleveland will win, and they won't win a field goal that JUST makes it by two feet. That was a GREAT ending, by the way. Still, with Andre Johnson back for the Texans, I'd expect this game to be in the 30s or 40s.

TENNESSEE @ CINCINNATI
I'm done with the Bengals. The Titans will run the ball and keep the ball away from the Bengals offense, which is turning the ball over WAY too much when they actually get their hands on it.

OAKLAND @ KANSAS CITY
You know, even though they got off to a decent start, Oakland is pretty much just as terrible as they were last year.

SAN FRANCISCO @ ARIZONA
San Francisco may not score a touchdown again this season. I mean, I just don't see it happening for them again.

BALTIMORE @ SAN DIEGO
San Diego's bad, but they're not worse than Baltimore, are they? Are they?

DENVER
@ CHICAGO
Denver's finally showing signs of life, while the Bears are NOT who we thought they were (we thought they could play defense).

PHILADELPHIA @ NEW ENGLAND
Even if Donovan McNabb weren't questionable, you've gotta like New England. The question at this point is whether they'll score 40. In the first half.

MIAMI @ PITTSBURGH
You know, I think I want Miami to go winless this year, almost as much as I'd like to see the Patriots go undefeated. I'm tired of seeing all these guys from the '72 Dolphins pop up anytime a team starts off 10-0 or something and start running their mouths about their undefeated season and how they were better and "don't call me when you're in town, call me when you're on my block" and blah blah blah. You get extremely defensive because since you know you only had to play 14 regular season games, when someone goes undefeated now, they'll be considered greater. Shut up! Somebody tell these old dudes to get a life.

Finally, Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Erica said...

Turkey on the field. *turkey impression* Illegal formation. *hand symbols* 10 yard penalty. *dramatic pause* Automatic first down.

John said...

You'd think a gigantic turkey on the field would warrant more than just 10 yards, no? How'd they even get that thing in there...

It's like those cars you see being displayed in malls...how'd they get in there?