Friday, November 16, 2007

NFL Week 11 Picks

It's Friday, I'm feeling lazy and, after breaking even last week (7-7 week, 83-51 overall), what do you say we just get these picks done. Of course now that I'll put little-to-no effort this week, I expect to probably have one of my best weeks. Let's do this.

CLEVELAND @ BALTIMORE
Hey, Baltimore — I liked you better when you were the Cleveland Browns! (Told you I'd use it again) Cleveland's not nearly as good on the road as they are at home, but Baltimore is not nearly as good as Cleveland right now. I know Steve McNair was playing pathetically, but they can't possibly be excited about the Kyle Boller era.

SAN DIEGO @ JACKSONVILLE
Jacksonville absolutely kicked Tennessee's ass on the road (a good team), while San Diego barely hung on to beat the Colts at home when they were missing seven starters, lost their best defensive player for the season and Peyton Manning threw six picks. Although I never pick them correctly, I'll go with the Jags.

MIAMI @ PHILADELPHIA
Miami almost ruined their perfect(ly terrible) season last week by beating the Bills. I expect them to get their mojo back and lose to Philly on the road by two touchdowns.

OAKLAND @ MINNESOTA
Both teams are pretty bad, but only Minnesota lost the best running back in the league to injury. Chester Taylor is a capable backup, but look for them to have to throw it more with (gasp!) Tarvaris Jackson or (double gasp!) Brooks Boellinger.

KANSAS CITY @ INDIANAPOLIS
Kansas City is kinda back to sucking again, and although the Colts are being devastated by injuries, I love them to win in their dome against almost anyone. Also, I'm sure Peyton Manning will give the team one of his Priceless pep talks and get them back on track.

CAROLINA @ GREEN BAY
Green Bay looked great last week at home, while Carolina lost to the Falcons. Seriously, what IS the deal with Carolina? Anybody?

N.Y. GIANTS @ DETROIT
Probably one of the best games of the week, and both coming off of bad losses. Though Detroit's loss was worse (losing to Arizona? Really?!), the Giants looked like the team I've seen collapse in the second half of the past couple of seasons against the Cowboys. They gave up huge plays to Dallas, and inexplicably got delay of game penalty after delay of game penalty — at home! I imagine they'll struggle in Detroit's dome, where the Lions can throw the ball down the field very easily and crowd noise will be factor.

ATLANTA @ TAMPA BAY
I like the division-leading Bucs (how is that possible?) coming off the bye week. Actually, I like pretty much every team against Atlanta (except for Carolina last week, apparently)

NEW ORLEANS @ HOUSTON
Houston's just kinda crashed and burned in recent weeks, though they DO get their best receiver back (Andre Johnson) this week. The Saints inexplicably lost to the winless Rams last week, but I expect them to bounce back.

ARIZONA @ CINCINNATI
I expect this to be a complete shootout, as both teams have weak secondaries and love to sling the ball down the field. I just like Cincinnati's weapons better, especially now that they have Chris Henry back, which seemed to give them a lift last week and will continue to do so as long as he stays out of jail.

PITTSBURGH @ N.Y. JETS
What do you want me to say? The Jets have no chance. They're actually the most depressing team to watch other than San Francisco.

CHICAGO @ SEATTLE
Seattle looked good on Monday night against the Niners (then again, who hasn't look good against San Fran), but Rex Grossman also looked good against the Raiders. I mean, after he bobbled the first snap he looked good. I'm taking the Seahawks at home.

ST. LOUIS @ SAN FRANCISCO
I can't possibly take the Niners after dissing them in my last two items. Yes I can because the Rams are actually the last team they beat and one of only three teams in the league that have fewer wins than they do. That being said, Niners QB Alex Smith (pictured, right, in a familiar situation) is really, truly, terrible.

WASHINGTON @ DALLAS
Washington's too inconsistent, and Dallas has a chance to pretty much wrap up the division, seeing as how they haven't lost to an NFC East opponent all year. God it hurts to pick them the same way Harry Potter's scar hurt him when he was doing that mind-meld thing with Voldemort.

NEW ENGLAND @ BUFFALO
This was a sure thing BEFORE Buffalo lost their best player (RB Marshawn Lynch) for this contest.

TENNESSEE @ DENVER (mini-upset)
I'm a sucker for picking the Broncos at home. Also, they momentarily saved their season by beating division foe Kansas City last week (in a division nobody seems to want), while Tennessee looked terrible against the Jags. It'll be interesting to see if the Broncos can run the ball agains the Titans since Tennessee has one of the best run defenses (which could be missing Albert Haynesworth, one of the league's best run-stoppers). Jay Cutler (who has underwhelmed) is going to have to step up at some point, right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am in fact thankful to the holder of this web page who has shared this wonderful piece of writing at at this place.


My web site; Recommended Site