Saturday, September 12, 2009

Conflict of Interest: Brandon Marshall edition

I guess you could say it’s been an interesting offseason for Brandon Marshall.

If you follow football, I’m sure you’ve heard about all of it, so I won’t bore you with that. Instead, I’ll bore you with my fantasy football teams!

He’s my first conflict of interest. For the newbies, here’s how it works. Whenever I have a conflict on my two fantasy football teams, I’ll come on here, fret about it and put up the numbers I hope the player posts. Marshall is the first player this season I own in one league, who I’m facing off against in the other.

The Thursday night Titans/Steelers game threw in an interesting wrinkle. In the league where I own Marshall, I’m pretty much 30 points behind because my opponent has Santonio Holmes (who went crazy on Thursday). Meanwhile, in the league where I’m facing Marshall, I have a decent lead already thanks to different scoring rules (my opponent there also has Holmes, but he only earned 12 points from him, as opposed to 25 in the other league) and my Tennessee defense getting me a nice amount of points for me.

As a result, I’d like to see Marshall have a relatively big game so I can catch up in the league where I’m behind. I think this is a possibility because he’s playing the Bengals and he seems relatively sane. For now.

Dream statline: 8 catches for 115 yards and a TD.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe i'm being naive, but i feel pretty optimistic about Brandon Marshall's performance this Sunday.

John said...

I'm obviously hoping he'll have a big game (you can see that from the item I wrote), but I think he WILL have a good game. Neither of those teams can play defense, so it should be a shootout.